- Why isn't my email working?
1. Why isn't my email working?
- Can you send any emails?
- Is it just affecting one person, or is it impacting the whole company?
By confirming the scope, a technician can start narrowing down where to troubleshoot.
Microsoft Office has a built-in repair utility to resolve these problems. You can access it through the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and features. Click on “Microsoft Office” (all versions have it, but it may look a little different).
Start by using the quick repair, but if issues persist, you may need to utilize the online repair option.
2. Why isn't my printer working?
Start by completing a printer power cycle (turning the printer off, waiting 10-30 seconds and turning it on again).
3. Why does my computer keep freezing?
It is also helpful to ensure all apps run on the most recent version. If they're not, try updating the programs for smoother and more efficient results.
To check for updates, users should click the start button, then go into Settings and click on the “Update and security” tab. Finally, click the “Check for updates” button and wait for the computer to look for the latest updates. If there are any available updates, click “Install updates.”
4. Does my computer have a virus?
• Only visit websites beginning with https://
• Do not open e-mails from unknown senders
• Do not visit strange, unknown websites
• Understand that antivirus protection programs will not protect you from all viruses, but are still necessary
5. Why Can't I Access My Files?
If other people are still able to access files on the server, this probably means you have a connection problem between your machine and the network or server.
If a restart does not resolve the issue for you, or if other users are also unable to access the server, it is time to call IT. The problem could be with the physical network/server or with the files you are trying to access (corruption or credentials/permissions).
Is your business experiencing frustration from some of the most common IT issues?
Or is your company's IT department drowning in an influx of support tickets asking these 5 questions?
A managed IT service provider can offer the help your team needs with solutions like managing servers, networks, and devices. They're everything your company needs in an IT team, all in one place.
Contact CoreTech today to learn more about how our expert staff of IT professionals can help your business.